With over 14 years of experience, our financial experts have the knowledge to help you avoid common pitfalls. Make your life easier by taking advantage of this information and planning accordingly.
You can ask us questions about your loans and mortgages anytime. Just send a text message to our text support line: 813-765-1239.
Get off to the right start with the loan process by using our loan checklist to ensure you have what you need. Download the checklist here.
Get expert financial services from our team with absolutely NO FEES of any kind when you apply for a conventional or government loan over $100,000.
Click here to start your loan application.
• Don't make an expensive purchase (such as furniture). Large purchases that require financing or the use of a credit card can cause your lender to question your credit-worthiness.
• Don't get a new job. Lenders prefer applicants with a consistent job history. Although this may not affect your mortgage loan, depending on your situation it may be a cause for concern.
• Don't change financial institutions or move money around. Lenders will review your recent bank statements and accounts. In an effort to prevent fraud, these lenders will require a thorough paper trail of any transactions. Switching banks and transferring large amounts make verification more difficult.
• Don't give your deposit directly to the seller (during a "for sale by owner" purchase). Your good faith deposit should be allocated to a neutral third party such as an attorney until closing is complete.
• Don't overlook the requirements of your lender. Even if you have been pre-approved, you must still meet the requirements of the lender. You may very well lose your loan and financing if you fail to submit all of the required documents.
Avoid common mistakes made by potential home buyers.